The department includes 22 teachers: 3 doctors of sciences, 16 candidates of sciences, 2 professors, 13 associate professors, 4 teachers with advanced degrees, 3 teacher without a degree, Head of the Laboratory and 4 laboratory.
The department operates a historical study with a library of scientific and educational literature.
The department staff provide teaching of the discipline:
- history of Ukraine (the socio-political aspects);
- Ukraine in the context of the European historical development;
- history of science and technology;
- history of the Kyiv Polytechnic;
- history of Ukrainian culture;
- the World history of the 20 th – the beginning of the 21st century.