- Applied Psychology
Department of Psychology and Pedagogy
- socio-psychological conditions for the development of the psychological potential of students in a higher education institution;
- threats to the psychological safety of personality and ways of overcoming them;
- determination and overcoming of negative mental states of personality caused by the war;
- interpersonal interactions in teamwork and the problem of leadership;
- the teacher’s personality as a factor in optimizing the educational process in higher education institutions.
For information on admission, please contact the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute Center for International Education
Psychology and Pedagogic Department is university-wide department that provides teaching psychological disciplines to all students and postgraduates students of National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”. This department is a part of Sociology and Law faculty.
Academic staff consists of 12 teachers: 3 professors, 4 associate professors, 3 senior teachers, 2 teachers.
The main directions of scientific research are the following:
- integration of information and pedagogic technologies in higher education sphere;
- forming of psychological culture and professional ethics of technical university teachers;
- psychological conditions of student identification development: social, professional and gender;
- psychological determinants of business communication optimization;
- problems of industrial, organization and economical psychology.
Since 2004 the budget scientific and research project “The theory and practice of psychological and pedagogic personal development in higher technical universities” has been carried out at the department.
There is an editing activity at the department. Thus, to 5-year (2004) and 10-year (2007) anniversary the collected scientific articles “The Psychological Resource of Higher Education” were published.
Six scientific and methodological conferences “Teaching psychological and pedagogic disciplines at the technical university: methodology, experience, perspectives” (1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009) were organized by the department. At first this conferences were Ukrainian-wide but later they acquired the status of International as the representatives of different academic schools gather there. The conference of 2007 was differ from others because it was based on the Internet communications at the preliminary stage.
Our teachers take an active part in different conferences, seminars, forums, which take place at the university level, regional and international levels. According to the scientific research, the teachers and postgraduate students of our department made about 200 scientific reports and published over 300 scientific articles and manuscripts for the last five years.